In order to better serve my clients, I limit the areas in which I practice law. By doing so, I am able to keep current on new legal developments, which enhances my ability to provide high-quality and efficient legal services to my clients.
My rates are reasonable and many cases can be handled for a flat fee, plus expenses. Call or e-mail the law offices of Keith H. Rutman, Attorney at Law, to schedule an appointment.
The majority of my legal practice is devoted to criminal defense work. I have worked as a criminal defense lawyer in San Diego County and Murrieta since 1989. I also serve the communities of Temecula, Murrieta and provide representation to people throughout Riverside County. I provide an aggressive defense of my clients’ rights and freedoms. At the same time, I am known for giving my clients honest assessments and frank advice about the most likely outcome of their case. I handle misdemeanor and felony cases, including:
- Assault, battery and violent crimes
- Burglary, robbery and theft
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
- Drug crimes, including marijuana possession, trafficking and sales, and manufacturing, distribution, and cultivation
- DUI / drunk driving defense
- Gang-related crimes
- Weapons charges
- White collar crime such as fraud and embezzlement
- Bank fraud, mortgage fraud & real estate fraud
- Credit card and loan fraud
- Identity theft
- Health care fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Federal grand jury subpoenas
- Drug trafficking and importation
- Asset forfeiture
- Cyber crimes
- Money laundering
I also handle the necessary petitions for sealing an arrest record or setting aside a criminal conviction (also known as expungement).
I represent victims of police misconduct, particularly false arrest and the use of excessive force resulting in injuries. Police misconduct cases are complex and difficult to prosecute. I encourage my clients to learn as much as they can about what makes a successful police misconduct case before coming to see me.
I have more than 20 years’ experience resolving disputes between small business owners, customers, vendors, partners, and employees.